Trust Wide Director of Careers & Employer Engagement (Careers Leader)
Anna works across Deyes high School and Studio@Deyes overseeing;
- Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance (CEIAG)
- Work Experience and Careers Programmes and Events
- Business & Partnerships management
Anna took up this post in January 2017 having already worked for the Lydiate Learning Trust for 3 and a half years. Anna has worked in delivering outcomes for Children and Young People in various roles across the country since graduating from the University of Liverpool in 2007 with a degree in Psychology.
Anna said, “As I come from a family of teachers, I have known from an early age that I wanted to make a difference to the lives of Children and Young People.
Often, the success of an education provider is measured on progress and attainment. However, whilst it is important to equip young people with qualifications, I feel it is equally vital to ensure they are able to succeed beyond the education system. I look forward to working with the Lydiate Learning Trust community to ensure our students are provided with the tools to help them achieve their potential in the job market.”
Work Related Learning Officer
Lorna works between Deyes high School and Studio@Deyes providing information and guidance to help all our students, for example on:
- Moving on to Higher Education
- CV support and interview technique
- Making decisions
- Labour market opportunities
- Information on finances
- Plan and organise Careers Fairs
- Provide comprehensive information regarding work experience
- Sourcing work experience
- Enterprise days
I work with businesses from across The Liverpool City Region and students from Years 7 – 13 at Deyes High and Studio@Deyes to help prepare them for the world of work. This is done through work placements, work based mentoring, long term business projects, industry roadshows, enterprise days, and careers advice and guidance.
I have worked in education for over 10 years and I have a particular passion in helping young people to develop their ambitions and confidence within a ‘work based’ environment.
I manage a range of activities for students across the schools, all with the aim of preparing students for a more fulfilled working life. I negotiate with business partners to support and develop Work Related Learning provision and co-ordinate an extensive range of activities.
Our aim at Careers@Deyes is to prepare students as best we can for working life and to help them reach their full potential.
The Careers@Deyes team, are available on a drop in basis. The service is open to all students to access personalised careers help & advice.
- How to access the latest careers matching software
- Help and advice with application forms, CV’s and interview preparation
- Sixth Form courses and applications
- Advice on Local Colleges, Training Providers & Apprenticeships
- University courses, applications and UCAS
- Applying for paid or voluntary work
- Accessing work Experience
To contact the Careers@Deyes team:
- Email: email@example.com and address your email to the Careers@Deyes team
- Telephone: 0151 526 3814/0151 203 8392