Deyes High School has followed in the footsteps of its sister school, Childwall Sports and Science Academy (our Stonewall Champion School), and embraced the work and support of STONEWALL. This supports our mission to ensure the school is a safe place for everyone – students, staff, parents, carers and all of our many visitors.
What is STONEWALL?
Stonewall is a charity with a very clear mission to let all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people know they are not alone.
Stonewall was established to:
- Empower individuals
- To transform institutions
- To change hearts and minds
- To change laws
So what is the school doing as a STONEWALL School?
- Training is provided for all of our staff about tackling homophobia.
- A review of all policies e.g. anti-bullying policy to ensure that dealing with homophobic bullying is an integral part of them.
- Training for key staff to support LGBT (Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) students.
- PHSE and SMSC time is allocated to discuss diversity and tackling homophobia and how to support a friend who may be LGBT.
If you would like to know more about the work the school does with STONEWALL please contact Mr D. Stacey, Head of SMSC.