“Governors are part of the largest volunteer workforce in the country. The Governing Body is ultimately responsible for the school’s ability to deliver the best quality of education to its students and to ensure value for the significant sum of public money that is necessary to run the school”
Every school has a Board of Governors which often includes parents of children at the school, members co-opted from the community and school staff, including the Headteacher. Together, they are jointly responsible for providing strategic leadership and ensuring accountability.
Dedicated to school development & improvement, they work in partnership with the school management team and make important decisions with regard to the running of the school. This is in relation to curriculum provision, pupil targets, school development plans, budget management, staffing, health and safety and management of premises.
Questions about Governance or Correspondence for the Board of Governors should be directed to Deborah Moss, Senior Clerk to Lydiate Learning Trust on 07853140551 or at email@example.com
Deyes High School Governors
Trustee & Academy Governors (Voluntary/Unpaid)
Lydiate Learning Trust is seeking a new Director (Trustee) to join the Board along with additional Governors to support the work of the local Academy Governance Committees (AGCs).
Closing date: 4pm Wednesday 23rd Otober
To view a broad photographic overview of the governance structure at Deyes High School and the Lydiate Learning Trust, please click here.
Term of Office: 01/04/2018 – 31/03/2022
Key Governance Information
Terms of Office
Register of Interest
Register of Attendance
- 2018-19 Board of Governors & Committees Attendance Record
- 2017-18 Board of Governors & Committees Attendance Record
Board & Committee Terms of Reference
- Board of Governors Terms of Reference
- Teaching & Learning Committee Terms of Reference
- Resources Committee Terms of Reference
- Health, Safety & Premises Committee Terms of Reference
- Deyes Board of Governors Agenda 9th July 2019
- Deyes Board of Governors Agenda 19th March 2019
- Deyes Board of Governors Agenda 4th December 2018
- Deyes Board of Governors Agenda 18th September
Minutes of the meetings are available by contacting Deborah Moss, Senior Clerk to Lydiate Learning Trust on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that minutes may be redacted where appropriate due to confidential or commercially sensitive matters being reflected.
- Governance Handbook
- NGA Guidance Centre Glossary
- Academies Financial Handbook 2019
- LLT Financial Regulations
- LLT Scheme of Delegation
- LLT Director & Governor Code of Conduct