To excel in all that we do so that everyone flourishes and achieves their full potential
To realise this vision we will:
- Place teaching and learning at the centre of all we do.
- Make the process of learning vivid, challenging and enjoyable.
- Determine the needs of every student and set individual targets.
- Encourage students to be active participants on their own learning.
- Focus on the development of the whole child.
- Have high expectations of every member of our school community.
- Celebrate and reward success is all aspects of school life.
- Include everyone and respect difference.
- Live the school’s core values.
- Involve everyone in school improvement by informing, listening, valuing and responding.
- Maintain an attractive and well-resourced environment which stimulates and supports teaching and learning.
Our core values bind our community together and provide us with a common purpose.
We believe these values underpin the outstanding achievements of our students and staff. Deyes High School recognises the importance of developing the ‘whole child’ and our core values reflect the aspirations of all members of our learning community.
We believe that future citizens will be defined as much by their values as by their achievements and qualifications. We offer supportive pastoral care that embodies the core values. We provide guidance and a range of experiences designed to nurture our students towards valuing themselves, the school and their community.